On 7 March 2013, the State Rescue Board endorsed the minimum training standards for general land rescue.
Minimum Training Standards
General Land Rescue Accreditation Version 2.0 – January 2013
- PUACOM001C Communicate in the workplace
- PUACOM002B Provide services to clients
- PUALAW001B Protect and preserve incident scene
- PUAOHS001C Follow defined occupational health and safety policies and procedures
- PUAOHS002B Maintain safety at an incident scene
- PUAOPE002B Operate communication systems and equipment
- PUASAR024A Undertake road crash rescue
- PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation
- PUASAR023A Participate in an urban search and rescue Category 1
- PUASAR026A Undertake industrial & domestic rescue
- PUATEA001B Work in a team
- PUATEA004D Work effectively in a public safety organisation
In addition to the above competencies, all general land rescue operators must hold a nationally recognised senior first aid certificate.